- Dr. Dasgupta received ACM SIGEVO Impact Award 2014 for research paper "Real-Values Negative Selection Algorithm with Variable-Sized Detectors" published at GECCO in 2004 and which is both highly cited and a seminal work according to the SIGEVO Executive Committee.
He has more than 250 publications with 13000+ citations and having h-index of 62 as per Google scholar and listed among top computer scientist whose work impacted the research community
(UCLA site). He believes that some of his recent works (like Cloud security insurance model and Negative authentication) will also make similar impact in coming years.
- He was nominated and designated as an ACM Distinguished Speaker for next three years to speak about the most important topics in the computing and IT world today. He has so far given more than 150 Invited Keynote/Plenary talks in academia, industry and governmental events on various research and educational topics.
- He is elevated to an IEEE Fellow for contribution in Immunological Computation and Bio-Inspired Cyber Security. This is the highest grade of membership and is recognized by the technical community as a prestigious honor and an important career achievement.
- Dr. Dasgupta received Technology Transfer Award for Developing Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication Framework on October 27, 2016.
- In 2014, University of Memphis Magazine published a news article called "The world is their stage". The article talks about Dr. Dasgupta's life and work in bio-inspired computing.
- Dr. Dipankar Dasgupta has been named a fellow for IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
- Dr. Dipankar Dasgupta has been named the Dr. Pat E. Burlison professor at the University of Memphis.
- Dr. Dasgupta received the Alumni Association's "Eye of the Tiger" award at the homecoming football game of the U of M at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014.
- He is the recipient of 2012 Willard R. Sparks Eminent Faculty Award.
- He received an 'Excellence in engaged Scholarship Award' by CASDRA(College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Research Award), 2007.
- He was awarded Dunavant Professorship in 2007
- He received Best Paper Award by International Conference On Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (GECCO) in Seattle, Washington on July 8-12, 2006.
- Dr. Dasgupta received 'New Faculty Research Initiative Award (NFRIA)' by The University of Memphis in 1998.
- He also received Early Career Research Award by The University of Memphis in 1999.
- He received Best Paper Award at the International Conference on Intelligent Systems in June 19-21, 1996 at Reno, USA.
- He has been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (January, 1994 - August, 1995).